These are the Terms and Conditions on which The 738 Agency ABN: 56 604 066 864 (738 Pty Ltd) will carry out work for you. They will apply each time that you ask us to do work for you, or carry out a Service. They set out our Services and what you can expect from us. Please read them carefully. It is a condition of your use of our Services that you comply with these Terms and Conditions.
These Terms and Conditions are subject to change without notice and may be superseded. The 738 Agency may modify these Terms and Conditions by general notice on a page of our website, by email or by any other method of communication.
You may engage us to carry out a Service for you by:
• Paying for your first invoice; or
• In the case of smaller engagements by written verification.
Unless The 738 Agency notify you otherwise, The 738 Agency will accept that engagement, subject to these Terms and Conditions. The Service will commence in line with the Service schedule or when The 738 Agency accept the engagement.
2. CUSTOMISED QUOTE
If The 738 Agency provide you with a Customised Quote that is outside of the set standard web packages or other services, then that Customised Quote:
• Is based on the web specifications, third-party plugins or customised design, modifications that are specific to the clients’ requirements that need to be custom quoted and is subject to change if the parties agree to amend the Specifications before proceeding ahead;
• Is based on add-ons, bundling other digital services or additional requirements that are specific to the clients’ requirements that need to be custom quoted and is subject to change if the parties agree to amend the Specifications before proceeding ahead;
• and is valid for a period of 14 days from the date The 738 Agency issue the Customised Quote, unless otherwise agreed by The 738 Agency.
3. PRICING, CUSTOMISED DIGITAL BUNDLE RETAINERS AND PACKAGES
The 738 Agency have a range of limited-time offers for web, social and other packages that are advertised via Facebook, Google and other advertising platforms from time-to-time and set packages on The 738 Agency website. Each package provides specific inclusions. Should you require additionals on top of any of the packages, this will incur an additional charge. Please see our Variations and Additional Costs section.
When it comes to our Customised Digital Bundle Retainers which combine multiple services per month for a specific duration and period (e.g. 3 months, 6 months or 12 months).
Customised Digital Bundle Retainers require payment in advance per month. Each Customised Digital Bundle Retainer has a minimum (e.g. 3 months, 6 months or 12 months duration), with a further option to renew the Customised Digital Bundle Retainer for a set specific duration and period.
OUT OF SCOPE – WORKS NOT INCLUDED IN CUSTOMISED DIGITAL BUNDLES RETAINERS
From time-to-time particular works may be excluded from your agreed Customised Digital Bundle Retainer and these additional works would be billed separately.
WHITE LABEL SOLUTIONS
We offer white label solutions and these solutions, packages and offerings are subject to a seperate agreement.
CANCELLATION OF CUSTOMISED DIGITAL BUNDLE RETAINER SELECTED
Our Customised Digital Bundle Retainers require that if you decide to cancel the package at any time during the period, you’ll be required to pay out the remaining retainer in full.
The Services that The 738 Agency provide to you, and any specific terms, may include some or all of the following but not limited to:
• Social Media Service;
• Custom Website Design and Development;
• Template Website Design and Development;
• Template eCommerce Design and Development;
• Google AdWords/Online Advertising Service;
• Facebook Advertising;
• Video and Video Marketing;
• Branding; •Digital Marketing;
• SEO – Search Engine Optimisation Service;
• Third Party Software;
• Support & Maintenance Packages;
• Domain Name Services;
• Email Marketing;
• Strategy and Analytics
• Customised Digital Bundle Retainers (combined services per month for a specific duration)
You acknowledge that electronic services are subject to interruption and breakdown and all non-electronic services are subject to disruption, and therefore:
• The Services will not be error-free or uninterrupted;
• and your access to the Service and the operation of the Service will not be error-free or uninterrupted.
• The 738 Agency reserves the right to continue to provide the Services and/or invoice you for the Services in the event of any disruption, other than a disruption caused by The 738 Agency’s negligence or willful acts or omissions.
5. HOURS OF SERVICE
All Services will be carried out between 9:00 am and 5:30 pm (local office time), Monday to Friday excluding public holidays and the Christmas / New Year closure periods; unless specifically included as a paid additional service.
6. STAGED APPROACH
For most Projects we prefer to adopt a staged approach for planning and implementation purposes. This will be discussed with you in detail during our engagement of the service/package you’ve purchased.
7. PROJECT MANAGEMENT
The 738 Agency will provide specific allotted hours of project management in order to deliver this service within a set project timeframe. The primary contact for the delivery of this service will be The 738 Agency project manager, assigned by The 738 Agency.
All correspondence for the delivery of the stages of the project or scoped services will be to and with the assigned project manager and be provided through The 738 Agency assigned project management system. The assigned system will deliver tasks to and from the client through emails. The system provides the client access to their project enabling them to respond to each milestone and corresponding within The 738 Agency Project Management Tool, allowing easy access to all information for the client and the project team. There is also a Ticket Support for the client to respond to any updates or issues they have for their project.
This Project Management platform’s correspondence feature is mandatory for every project engaging The 738 Agency to ensure the timely delivery of projects, an approval system for stages and projects delivered to budget. Once the project has been discussed, The 738 Agency will set up the project in the system and send out an auto email to the client. This will enable the client to set up their own unique password to gain access to the project through The 738 Agency Project Management platform.
8. CONTENT AND MATERIALS SUPPLIED BY YOU
You must supply to The 738 Agency all required materials you want us to use in the Service, and all other content and materials The 738 Agency reasonably request (Client Content) in a timely manner.
You must supply all Client Content in the following digital format/s:
• Text/Copy: Microsoft Word, Google Docs or Rich Text (clearly labelled and in correct order);
• Tables: Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets (clearly labelled and in correct order);
• Images: High resolution where possible (JPEG, PNG files);
• Logos: Vector format (Illustrator EPS/AI);
• Diagrams/Maps: Vector format (AI) or (JPEG files);
• If required, access to your current website and database via SSH, FTP and/or CMS/hosting control panel login;
• If required, access to your domain name/s login;
• Brand Style Guidelines (if applicable).
The 738 Agency may charge additional costs if the (Client Content) is not provided in the appropriate format — appropriately named or filed in Google Drive, or if the material is not supplied when requested.
You warrant that the materials or content you provide to us, or that are provided to us on your behalf, will not: breach any rights (including Intellectual Property Rights or Moral Rights) of any third party; or compromise the security or operation of our computer systems, through a virus or otherwise.
9. VARIATIONS AND ADDITIONAL COSTS
If during the course of our engagement there are changes in the Specifications of the Service, the changes will be treated as a Variation.
Where a Variation occurs, The 738 Agency reserves the right to halt work and review the Service costings. The 738 Agency will discuss the Variation with you and where required will issue a Variation Notice which is to include the modifications to the Specifications and any associated costs. The 738 Agency will not proceed with the Services until The 738 Agency receives your written approval to proceed.
Examples of Variations but not limited to include:
• Changes in the Specifications during the design stage i.e. additional pages requiring design, additional design elements/features, template modifications outside of the package etc.;
• Additional pages, features, functionality etc. required / introduced in the development stage;
• Customisation of the CMS or building an extension not specified in the approved design,
• Specifications or database schema/architecture;
• Additional project management time;
• Adding additional services or upgrading existing services on an existing Customised Digital Bundle Retainer;
• Introduction of additional requirements not discussed during the initial workshop;
• Costs for commercial fonts, photography, audio and video;
• Additional Service management time;
• Unplanned delays in obtaining approval, (Client Content) or feedback resulting in The 738 Agency
• Having to reschedule services, staff or facilitate continuance;
• Overtime required to meet deadlines due to delays by the Client providing approval, (Client Content) or feedback;
• Development work not specified within the original scope.
It is our process to include Service management time in all quotes, but from time-to-time, The 738 Agency are required to not only manage The 738 Agency team but also manage your team. This is generally not known at the time of quoting and may be treated as a Variation.
If during the course of our engagement there are small changes in the Service, The 738 Agency will contact you and provide an estimate of the Additional Costs for these small changes.
The 738 Agency will obtain approval from you prior to undertaking the additional work. Additional Costs will be invoiced separately to the Client on an ad hoc basis, charged at current Professional Hourly Rates.
Examples of Additional Costs include but not limited to:
• Content not in the appropriate format;
• Extra requirements needed on top of a current digital bundle retainer or a pre-set package;
• Extra workshops or workshops requiring additional hours; requested additional design concepts / alternatives; requested changes to the design after final approval has been requested or provided;
• Uploading and styling/layout of additional (Client Content);
• Additional meetings and travel time. Modifying the chosen template and adding further customisation to it require extra content to be written for socials, blog, web or other formats.
10. PURCHASE OF STOCK IMAGES, FONTS, PHOTOGRAPHY, AUDIO OR VIDEO
Unless specified in your package, the Fees do not include any searches or purchase of stock images, commercial fonts, photography, audio or video.
You can provide stock images, commercial fonts, audio or video, or The 738 Agency can purchase them on your behalf. When any stock images or commercial fonts are purchased on your behalf, The 738 Agency will be the license holder and the image or font can only be used under the terms of the license/s.
You indemnify, and agree to keep The 738 Agency , its directors, officers and employees indemnified, against all Loss arising out of the breach of these licenses. Standard stock images will be charged according to our current stock image rates. Costing for any font, photography, audio or video required will be provided for approval separately via a Variation Notice.
Ownership of the finished photography, audio or video will be transferred to you upon full payment of all issued invoices. The 738 Agency retains ownership of all working files.
11. YOUR APPROVAL AND INTERPRETATION
Your approval and implementation may be required for a number of items (Approval & Implementation Item) presented to you depending on what service you’ve chosen but not limited to web, social, branding, content:
• Website/social brief;
• Social content and design;
• Sitemap review;
• Social Strategy;
• Social Competitive Analysis;
• Wireframe review;
• Choosing a template theme (and your choice of one of them);
• Each updated version of the chosen design concept;
• Landing page or website development;
• Completed designs;
• Variation Notices; and
• Any other item for which The 738 Agency requests your approval.
When The 738 Agency provides you with a timeline for the work that is being conducted, you will be deemed to have accepted the timeline.
When The 738 Agency provides you with any Approval Item, you must notify us via email on whether you do or do not accept the completed Approval Item. Your acceptance of the completed Approval Item means that the Approval Item is complete, and no further amendments are necessary.
However, The 738 Agency will not proceed to the next Stage of the Service until The 738 Agency receives your approval to proceed.
There may be Additional Costs in having to reschedule services, staff or facilitate continuance due to unplanned delays in obtaining approval. If unable to perform continuance, the Client may have to pay a shutdown and subsequent restart fee commensurate to the labour and resource costs incurred.
12. SCHEDULING, PRODUCTION AND PROJECT MANAGEMENT
If The 738 Agency consider it to be necessary, The 738 Agency will develop a production schedule for the Services. The 738 Agency will use reasonable commercial endeavours to carry out the Services in accordance with that schedule.
If you delay in providing the approval, implementation, (Client Content) or feedback that The 738 Agency require, then this may result in:
• A change in the delivery deadline set out in the production schedule; or
• If the delivery deadline cannot be changed, a Variation Notice will be issued, including necessary overtime costs.
Our consultancy services may include:
• Researching and developing a tailored strategy, researching plugins or other customised requirements, campaign planning and implementation, current system review and analysis;
• Audits, workshops and other requirements that may not be required in the initial package or scope of works.
Our development/technology services will be derived from our limited web package offers, set web packages on our website or a Customised Quote that may include the technical specifications, and final deliverables from discovery and design stages.
Unless otherwise specified in Customised Quote, our services do not include customisation of the CMS (WordPress), its extensions, plugins or components.
Any customisation required:
• The work will be a Variation;
• The customisation, extension, plugin or component remains licensed under the original author or The 738 Agency; and
• You accept and must comply with the CMS terms and conditions in relation to your use of the customisation extension, plugin or component.
You acknowledge that the CMS and many of its extensions, plugins and components are provided by third parties, and therefore:
• We have limited control over the functionality or operation of the CMS and its extensions etc; and;
• You accept and must comply with the terms and conditions of those third parties relating to the CMS.
Unless otherwise specified in the customised quote or as agreed in writing with The 738 Agency, The 738 Agency retains ownership of the IP of any custom applications.
You acknowledge that:
• The 738 Agency is free to reuse any code, inventions, extensions, plugins or components and you grant The 738 Agency an indefinite perpetual licence to use, resell and modify.
• Ownership of the finished deliverable will be transferred to you upon full payment of all issued invoices.
• The 738 Agency retains ownership of all working files.
• Unless otherwise agreed for all apps being uploaded to an app store (iTunes, PlayStore, Windows App Store), The 738 Agency will be listed as the “developer”. If in the event the Client wishes to be the “developer” with their own account, the costs to action such transfer will be an Additional Cost.
You acknowledge that:
• The Software that is developed by The 738 Agency may run on third-party platforms, Software and environments and therefore if any of these third-party platforms, Software or environments make an update or discontinue this may cause your Software to breakdown, be interrupted or not operate at full functionality.
Our maintenance services consist of making modifications / updates based on the Customised Quote, brief and/or Specifications.
Unless otherwise specified in the Customised Quote, the Fees for modification do not include any provision for training or post-implementation support or warranty.
16. THIRD-PARTY SOFTWARE
As part of a Project we may provide Third-Party Software as part of the Project.
You acknowledge that:
• We have limited control over the functionality or operation of the Third-Party Software;
• If the third parties provide data or other information for use with the Software, we have no control over the accuracy or completeness of that information;
• You accept and must comply with the terms and conditions of the Third-Party Software providers and;
• Those Third-Party Software providers may invoice you directly for ongoing costs relating to your use of the Software;
• The Fees for the Third-Party Software may change from time to time.
The Customised Quote, limited-time offered web packages or the set web packages on our website may include training sessions of varying length, content and outcomes. Training sessions will be conducted via Zoom. If additional training sessions are required, or you wish to have additional attendees at a training session, or require training at your office, there may be an Additional Cost.
The 738 Agency will provide a warranty for the term of 90 days proceeding the date of website completion and the site has gone live (as stated by email to the customer) in which bugs and defects presented to The 738 Agency will be repaired during the 90 days at no charge. It is your responsibility to review and test the site and ensure you’re satisfied with it during testing and warranty period.
During the 90 days, the customer may not alter, change or add to the website, modify code or have an outside developer/s interfere with the websites framework, plugins and functionality of the website. Doing so, The 738 Agency will waive its warranty period as the client has breached the 90 day warranty term. If issues arise should the website not be functioning due to this breach, the customer will be charged on a Professional Hourly Rate to fix this issue/s.
Once the 90 day term expires, The 738 Agency will not be liable for any bugs or defects that present themselves or are otherwise missed by the customer.
Any modifications that are not defined as a bug for the purposes of this warranty will be quoted for separately or placed on a Support & Maintenance Package. Any bugs that fall outside the warranty period will be quoted for separately or placed on a Support & Maintenance Package.
When open source Software, such as WordPress, Magento, Shopify, MySQL, PHP, Apache, Third-Party Plugins or Template Themes, is used to build and host website, we can’t guarantee that these open source Software products are error-free. Any word required to address bugs, version or system updates, are not included under the Warranty and will be quoted separately, or placed on a Support & Maintenance Package.
Any bug fixes or changes required as a result of upgrades to mobile operating systems like iOS, Android or Windows or Browsers, are not included under the Warranty and will be quoted for separately, or placed on a Support & Maintenance Package.
Any server related issues, themes, templates, CMS, security that is used to build the website or the site is running on, we can’t guarantee that these open source and other Software products are error-free. Any work required to address bugs, security issues, speed and other related server issues, are not included under the Warranty and will be quoted separately, or placed on a Support & Maintenance Package.
19. SUPPORT & MAINTENANCE PACKAGE
Support and maintenance services are a paid service utilising paid Support & Maintenance Packages.
Our support services consist of, but are not limited to:
• Answering your technical questions relating to the Software, its operation and the Content Management System and the extensions, plugins or components provided with it and;
• Resolving technical issues that arise in relation to the Software or its operation, except as set out above.
Our maintenance services may consist of, but are not limited to:
• Website backup & recovery;
• Hosting or server related issues CMS updates;
• Plug-in updates; hosting space increases;
• General design services;
• General copywriting services;
• General development services;
• General marketing services;
• Small updates to Software;
• Design and development of landing pages;
• Out of warranty bug fixes;
• Out of scope project work – design or development;
• Data entry;
• Content changes;
• General project management.
Our support and maintenance services do not include resolving:
• Issues that relate to your networks, server, email, computer systems or Software;
• Other technical issues not arising directly from the Software.
You may be required to provide to us, at your own cost, access to the Software and your computer network and any systems required in order for us to provide the support and maintenance services. If you do not provide us with such access within a reasonable time after we request it, then:
• We are not obliged to provide you with any support & maintenance services; and
• We are not obliged to return to you any portion of the Fees that you have paid to us for the provision of the support & maintenance service.
Work undertaken outside of a Support & Maintenance Package will be charged at our current Professional Hourly Rates.
Support & Maintenance Packages are not designed for major creative, technology, development or marketing tasks rather for tasks that can be completed within a maximum of 40 hours. Any work that will require more time than this to complete will require a Customised Quote.
Estimated time to complete requested support and maintenance tasks may be provided when, and if possible, at Client’s request. Commencement of support tasks will start upon receipt of written support brief/request, confirmation of time estimate provided (where required and possible) and availability of hours on a Support & Maintenance Package.
Support & Maintenance Package activities are limited to Software and Services. Unused Support & Maintenance Packages will not be refunded.
Options are as follows:
PAYG: $45 + GST (per hour)
ONGOING SUPPORT & MAINTENANCE PACKAGE: $35 + GST (per hour) (5-hour block of hours per month)
PAYG: 738 Agency will assess the requirements that you need and advise the amount of hours it will take to complete your request. An invoice will be issued out and it must be paid in advance before commencement of the work.
Ongoing Support & Maintenance Package: This will be set up as a recurring monthly billing of 5-hour block of hours per month. Each invoice require payment in advance per month.
All unused hours in the PAYG and Ongoing Support & Maintenance Package will not be rolled over into the next month and will expire at the end of the month.
The 738 Agency will recommend hosting services from time-to-time. Uploading of the template, configuration, implementation and work will take place on the established web hosting. Hosting is a third-party cost and it’s not included in the Customised Quote, limited-time offer web packages or any set web packages. All hosting server related issues, errors or other unforeseen issues fall under our Support & Maintenance Package.
21. DOMAIN NAME SERVICES
The 738 Agency does not represent or warrant the availability, suitability or registerability of any domain name.
The 738 Agency will not, at any time, assume any liability whatsoever in respect of the use of any domain name. Any disputes arising must be resolved between the parties involved.
You must provide us with login access to your domain name when we require to change the DNS details to link your domain name to your new hosting so that your website can appear live on its new hosting environment. You must not transfer a domain name to another provider or make any changes on the domain name during the course of working on your website project or during the 60 day warranty term.
22. WARRANTY DISCLAIMER
Nothing in this Agreement excludes, restricts or modifies any right or remedy, or any guarantee, warranty or other term or condition implied or imposed by legislation which cannot be lawfully excluded or limited. Such legislation includes the Australian Consumer Law which contains guarantees that protect the purchasers of goods and services in certain circumstances, each a non-excludable provision.
Subject to The 738 Agency’s obligations under the non-excludable provisions, and to the fullest extent permissible by law, The 738 Agency expressly disclaims all warranties and representations of any kind with respect to the Services whether express, implied, statutory, or arising out of the course of performance, course of dealing or usage of trade including any warranties or merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, satisfactory quality, accuracy, title or non-infringement.
23. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND WARRANTY
To the fullest extent permissible by law, The 738 Agency is not liable (whether in contract or tort) for:
• Faults or defects in any services or goods provided by third-parties in connection with this agreement; or
• Any indirect, special or consequential loss (including loss or corruption of data, loss of profits, revenue, goodwill, anticipated savings and business interruption) however arising, whether or not The 738 Agency knew of the possibility of such loss and whether or not such loss was foreseeable.
To the fullest extent permissible by law, in no event will The 738 Agency’s liability in contract, tort (including negligence and breach of statutory duty) or otherwise arising out of, or in connection with, this agreement exceed the amounts actually paid by the Client to The 738 Agency for the Service;
The 738 Agency makes no warranties regarding the likelihood of success of marketing or promotional activity undertaken pursuant to the agreement.
To the fullest extent permitted by law, the liability of The 738 Agency for a breach of a non-excludable condition is limited to: in the case of the provision of services:
• The supplying of the services again; or
• Payment of the cost of having the services supplied again.
In relation to goods:
• The replacement of the goods or the supply of equivalent goods;
• The payment of the cost of replacing the goods or acquiring equivalent goods; or,
• The repair of the goods or the payment of the cost of having the goods repaired.
To the full extent permitted by law, The 738 Agency excludes all:
• Liability for the infringement of the Intellectual Property rights of any third party arising from any of the material or content published during the performance of the Services;
• Liability for misrepresentation or negligence arising from detrimental reliance on any of the material or content published in accordance with the performance of the Services. It is your responsibility to thoroughly check and gain independent expert advice on the suitability or correctness of the material to be published as part of the performance of the Services;
• Liability in respect of loss of data, breach of our security, interruption of business or any consequential or incidental damages; all representations, warranties or terms (whether express or implied) other than those expressly set out in the agreement.
The 738 Agency’s total aggregate liability for all claims relating to the agreement is limited to the price for the Services payable under this agreement.
Either party’s liability for any claim relating to the agreement will be reduced to the extent to which the other party contributed to the damage arising from the claim.
You indemnify, defend and hold harmless The 738 Agency in respect of all actions, claims, proceedings, demands, liabilities, losses, damages, expenses and costs (including legal fees on a full indemnity basis), in connection with any of the following:
• Any breach of this agreement;
• Your negligent acts or omissions; or
• Your use of the Services, including any third-party claims made in connection with or arising out of the Client’s use of the Service, other than use in accordance with this agreement;
• Breach of third party Intellectual Property.
You indemnify, and agree to keep The 738 Agency, its directors, officers and employees, indemnified against all Loss arising from actions taken performing Services.
Each party agrees to keep confidential, and not to use or disclose except as permitted by these terms and conditions, any Confidential Information of the other party. The parties agree not to disclose these terms and conditions (including any schedules), or any details of a Customised Quote or other pricing structures. This obligation of confidence extends to Confidential Information obtained by a party before entering into this agreement.
The obligation of confidence above does not apply to Confidential Information to the extent that is required to be disclosed by law or the rules of any stock exchange on which the recipient’s securities are listed, provided that the recipient discloses the minimum amount of Confidential Information required to satisfy the Law or rules.
The Party required to disclose the other Party’s Confidential Information as set out above must:
• Provide a reasonable amount of notice to the other Party of the proposed disclosure;
• Consult with the other Party as to the form of the disclosure; and
• Take all reasonable steps to maintain such Confidential Information in confidence.
Each party must take all steps and do all such things as may be necessary, prudent or desirable in order to safeguard the confidentiality of the Confidential Information of the other party.
27. CALCULATION OF FEES IF NOT SPECIFIED
If the Fees are not specified (in a Custom Quote or otherwise) at the commencement of the Service, then The 738 Agency will charge you at the Professional Hourly Rates for all work that The 738 Agency carry out for you in the course of the Service. The Professional Hourly Rates may change from time-to-time.
The 738 Agency will perform the Services as specified in the Custom Quote or as agreed in writing with the client, utilising the specified providers and/or platforms, for the specified term.
Refunds will not be issued for paused work or overpayment.
Travel time is not included in our quotations as The 738 Agency office is our preferred location as it is appropriately set up for meetings and presentations or alternatively online via Zoom.
If you would prefer meetings at your office or any other location additional fees may apply. The 738 Agency reserves the right to charge Additional Costs caused by the Client’s instructions, lack of instructions, interruptions, mistakes, work for which The 738 Agency is not responsible and changes to the requirements, expectations or hardware and Software environment, and extra work required caused by faults or defects in any service provided by a third party.
28. PAYMENT METHOD
Payment for Services may be made by credit card (Visa, MasterCard) or bank transfer to our nominated bank account. If you prefer to pay via PayPal, a online payment fee will be applied to your invoice to cover the cost of the PayPal fee.
In relation to our Services, The 738 Agency may issue invoices for:
• Payment as indicated for the service you’ve purchased;
• Additional costs on an ad hoc basis as agreed.
All the Fees and Additional Costs are + GST.
30. DURATION OF AGREEMENT AND ITS TERMINATION
Upon execution by both parties, this agreement will take effect immediately and remain in effect until the purpose of the Service has been achieved.
Any term listed in the Agreement will automatically renew for subsequent periods of the same duration unless either party gives the other party written notice terminating the agreement 30 days prior to the expiration of the term or both parties agree in writing to vary the Services provided. If however, a Digital Bundle has a minimum duration period of which if the package is cancelled at anytime during the minimum period, it is required that the retainer is paid in full.
A party may terminate this agreement by notice in writing to the other party if:
• The other party commits a material breach of this agreement that is capable of remedy (including failure to pay any amount due under this agreement) and fails to remedy that breach within  days after receiving notice from the other Party to do so;
• The other party commits a material breach of this agreement that is not capable of remedy; or
• The other Party becomes Insolvent.
The 738 Agency may terminate this agreement if:
• You do not provide any information or materials requested within a reasonable time after being asked to do so; or,
• The 738 Agency consider that mutual confidence and trust no longer exist.
Upon termination of this agreement:
• Our obligation to carry out the Service ceases;
• Each party’s rights and obligations accrued prior to termination are not affected;
• The licences granted in this Agreement cease;
• Any unpaid invoice owed to The 738 Agency must be paid, including for any minimum term and:
• Each party must immediately return to the other party (or destroy or delete as the other party directs) all Confidential Information of the other party in its possession or control, except to the extent that the party needs to keep such information to comply with its record-keeping obligations.
Terms of this agreement
• Terms of this agreement is subject to change without notice.